Community Connections Day of Action
Sunday April 7, 2013
9 AM - 1 PM
Important Needs for Painting at Meadow Park!
Meadowpark middle school is unable to provide all the painting supplies. We are planning to paint two full hallways at the school, which is a large project. The school will supply the paint, but it turns out we need to come up with all of the other supplies! We have a good head start on that goal, but your help is needed as well. Please take a look at the list below and email me if you can help with any of these supplies.
- Roller trays
- Tray liners
- Roller handles
- Rollers 3/8" nap
- Paint Brushes
- Plastic Masking Tape - BIG NEED!
- Drop cloths/tarps (not plastic on both sides)
Email Curtis Buthe if you can help with these needs - what you can share and how many!
Agenda For the Day of Action
- 8:30 AM - Brief prayer and worship time at Westside UMC [map]
- 9 AM - 1 PM Projects! (see below)
- 1 PM Lunch at Meadow Park Middle School
Needs (as of April 1)
Bring sandwich supplies and baked goods to Cedar Hills Baptist (map). Flowers may go to either church.
- Sandwich fixin's - (lettuce, tomatoes, deli meat)
- Baked goods to give away - cookies, brownies, etc
- Flowers to give away - primroses, pansies, petunias, etc.
- Volunteers! Show up on April 7 to get involved!
This Sunday, April 7, 2013 the Day of Action! This fun day provides practical service to our community out of the reality of the power of the risen Christ. Cedar Hills area community members are invited to join in a day of service to a local school, and Simple Acts of Kindness in the community. All are invited and both Westside United Methodist Church and Cedar Hills Baptist Church are canceling worship services that Sunday in order to celebrate Jesus' resurrection with acts of service and kindness.
|Check out the 2012 Day of Action video here|
Projects and How You Can Be Connected
- Meadow Park Middle School Painting and Grounds Work - Volunteers will clean and prep walls, then begin painting. Appropriate clothing is recommended. Additional volunteers will weed, trim and tidy the grounds of the school. This will be the largest emphasis. Meet at Meadow Park Middle School at 9 AM.
- Simple Acts of Kindness (SAK) Teams - Volunteers will deliver baked goods and other treats to a variety of public locations and businesses. Another team will deliver small potted flowers plants to the doorsteps of the neighbors around Cedar Hills and near Westside United Methodist. Donations of flowers such as primroses, petunias and pansies are welcome. SAK volunteers are welcome to help with other projects listed here as well. Meet at either church at 9 AM.
- Support Team - Volunteers will make sack lunches for work teams to enjoy following the completion of projects. Meet at 10:30 AM in Cedar Hills Baptist basement Fellowship Hall.
- Prayer Team - Volunteers are invited to a drop in/come and go prayer time anytime between 9 - 11 AM at Cedar Hills Baptist, or 11 AM - 1 PM at Westside United Methodist. Prayer will focus on work projects, recipients of Simple Acts of Kindness, students and staff of Meadow Park Middle School and the people and churches in our community.
All volunteers will be invited to gather for lunch and sharing of experiences at Meadow Park Middle School at 1 PM.
For more information, call or email us here.
To sign up, send an email with your name, the project for which you wish to volunteer. Please include your best contact information. Let's connect on April 7!